1000 Series Squirrel
Eltek 1000 Series Squirrel data loggers provide a flexible combination of channels, ranges, memory sizes and extra options. If there is not already a model which fits a particular application, then Eltek can almost certainly make one.
- Battery or mains operated and easily portable
- Configuration and Metering by:
Panel controls and display
Locally connected PC using Darca Software
Remotely connected PC (using Darca Software) via GSM, landline or radio modem
- Measure up to 250 analogue or digital channels, such as temperature, humidity, pressure, voltage, resistance, current or any other suitable sensor output
- Non volatile internal memory providing up to 2 million readings of secure data
- Readings can be scaled into appropriate units (e.g. m/sec, p.p.m.)
- Low power consumption for long term unattended use or portable operation
- Customised firmware for specialised requirements
- LAN Network adaptor for Ethernet connection
- Highly accurate: ±(0.1% of reading, +0.2% of range span)
- 12 bit resolution
- Sensor power outputs
- 1 pulse count channel and 8 event/digital channels in addition to other inputs
- External triggers can start and stop the logger
- Rapid memory download at 38400 baud
- Up to 99 logging "runs" may be stored
- 3 year guarantee
Each Squirrel Datalogger typically contains one CPU module and at least one input module. The CPU module contains two inputs of its own; one event input and one pulse input. Up to 8 input modules can be combined into one Squirrel Datalogger, for a maximum total of 250 input channels.
Which modules are available?
The following table shows each module and its input configuration. Click on the module name for a more detailed description.
Number of channels and type of input
|Module||U||K/T||P||V/C||P or V/C||AC||U / AC||pH||Co||B||F||D||Sensor Power||Total channels|
|M27||16 x Relay Input Module||16|
Key to Input Types:
|U||Thermistor Type U|
|K/T||Thermocouple type K or T|
|P||Platinum Resistance PT100|
|V/C||Voltage or Current|
|AC||AC Voltage or Current|
|D||Event / Digital|
The Squirrel enables cost effective direct connection to a whole range
of sensor types including temperature, humidity, and pH with
options for pulse, frequency and digital inputs (Ideal for logging contact
closures, shaft rotation and digital output form a weighing scale respectively).
There are also inputs available for measuring voltage and current (both AC and DC) .
Common Squirrel sensor types:
We can supply various types of probes for the above measurements.
If the sensor or probe for your application is not listed please do not hesitate to contact us as we may already have met and solved a similar problem. We are therefore well placed to recommend a solution or point you to a suitable supplier of probes.
Extra memory is available for the Squirrel in the following sizes:
- 520,000 Readings
- 1,040,000 Readings
- 2,080,000 Readings
One module only may be fitted to a Squirrel. Eltek loggers now download at 38400 baud, and in practice this is about 1000 readings per second.
The Squirrel normally has a minimum logging interval of one second and can record up to 10 analogue channels per second. For faster logging, special Squirrels are available which can measure up to 8 channels with a minimum logging interval of 0.1sec. This option is currently not available on all loggers but is being constantly updated.
SMS Alarm nofitication
Eltek has implemented firmware for the 1000 Series Squirrels which will send a text message to up to 10 telephone numbers using the GSM-mdm modem option. See TU1016 - Using a GSMSQ modem with Squirrel data loggers for more details.